Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Is My Education That Bad?

So I've learned recently that my aunt and uncle are converting to Catholicism purely because they want their kids to get a better education. I can't help but be offended, not only as a Christian, but also as a student! I realize that I'm going to be offending some people, but that can't be helped. This is my place to speak, you don't have to read.

First off, converting to Catholicism is counter-productive. They have so many extra things that they do, confession to a priest, etc. The Bible says nothing about these extra actions, except when they say not to do them! Catholics pray to Mary. Jesus said something along the lines of, "All those who come to the Lord come through me." I can't remember where to find it, but it's there. There are more examples, but I won't bother with those. Not only am I offended that they're switching to Catholicism, I'm also offended that they are just using religion as if it were a tool. It isn't.

As a student, I'm offended that they think Catholic schools are so much better. Most students at Catholic schools don't want anything to do with their religion. They are unhappy there, and rebel much worse than those at public schools. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion that is based upon what I have seen. I can't see Catholic students getting a better education than us. (unless they're taking physics...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home