Sunday, October 17, 2004

Something I Forgot to Add

Okay, I'm still up. Yes, it's rather late, I know.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in the last post what most people's reaction is when I talk about those issues:

"People have the right to do whatever they want to."

I'm serious. I've gotten about five of those, two of them verbatim. I always have to pause for a moment to let the mental stun wear off. People actually believe this. I'm not sure if I should make derogatory comments, or pity the person. Well, I don't make the comments because then I'd just be a troll, and no one likes trolls. So I pity the person for a moment, and then proceed to tell them they are wrong.

You don't have the right to do whatever you want to. You don't have the right to murder, steal, drive on the wrong side of the road, etc. The next statement I get is:

"Well, these don't affect other people."

How can you say that!? Alcoholism has driven many families apart, turned children into violent bullies, and scarred many people. Smoking is worse for those around you. They don't have the benefit of a filter. The peer pressure of trying marijuana, and other drugs, has stolen the potential of so many teenagers. Not only that, but all of these things change your personality. People who used to be fun to hang around are now only interested in when the next time they get to drink or smoke is. These people honestly believe that in order to have a good time, or relax, they have to destroy their bodies. Some of the most innocent people I know have been tainted by these things.

If murder and suicide is illegal, why isn't tobacco?
If stealing is illegal, why aren't these mind-altering drugs?

I'm not trying to take away your rights; I'm trying to enforce my right to live.
The rights you defend have never existed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home